2001–2008 Downtown Greenway Recap
- Greensboro citizens support a Street Improvement Bond Referendum that allocates $12 million to greenways and within that $7 million for the Downtown Greenway.
- City Council formally offers a resolution of support for the project.
- Neighborhood meetings are continued and a more detailed look at how the Downtown Greenway will be designed and connect with other greenways is pursued.
- The City Council appointed Greensboro Bicentennial Commission designates the Greenway as the signature project to commemorate the City’s 200th birthday.
- Dedicated staff hired to manage the project and work continues on refining plans.
- Volunteer committees formed and more detailed concepting for the Downtown Greenway begins. Broad-based community input is begun.
- Greensboro Urban Area Bicycling, Pedestrian, and Greenways Master Plan developed identifying the Downtown Greenway as the hub of the entire greenway network. Click here to see the Bi-Ped Plan.
- Center City Master Plan developed identifying the Greenway as one of three major physical projects for downtown. Click here for more information about the Center City Master Plan.