The Downtown Greenway is accepting applications for temporary art installations on the Downtown Greenway.
Click here to find out more about guidelines for submitting a proposal. To submit a proposal using the on-line form, click here. Questions? Contact Dabney Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will still have the Pop-Up Class tonight despite the weather!
We have moved it in-doors to 406 Prescott Street
(one block down from Meeting Place at Tradition Cornerstone)
On-street parking on Prescott Street and in the parking lot.
Hope to see you there!
Construction has started on Phase 1c between Bragg Street/Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd and Gate City Blvd/Murrow Blvd. Anticipated construction completion by end of the year.
The contract was approved at Tuesday night's City Council meeting for Phase 3c along Smith Street between Prescott and Spring Streets. Anticipated start of construction in August. Keep up-to-date on construction progress here.
Click here for the detour route map. For more information, contact Palmer McIntyre at email@example.com.
May is National Bike Month and the City of Greensboro and other organizations have planned events around bicycling awareness and safety. Click here to checkout the events on the city's website.
Mark your calendar for the 13th annual Ride of Silence on Downtown Greenway on Wednesday, May 16th sponsored by Bicycling in Greensboro.
2018 FREE Fitness Class Schedule on the Downtown Greenway
Classes this year will begin in May and will be held every Tuesday from 6-7pm through October (except for July because it is SO hot!) on the Downtown Greenway located at 475 Spring Garden Street. The Morehead Trail parking lot will be blocked off to cars during the class. Parking is available on the street or at 408 Blandwood Street and 500 Spring Garden Street.
We are excited to offer free classes for the 4th season in partnership with the Bryan YMCA. We have some regular instructors from past seasons and welcome our new instructors. Click here for the classes/instructors.
Look out for some new features this year-- a frequent attendee punch card and we will be participating in the DGI Summer Passport program-- the more you come the more chances you have of getting free stuff!
Unfortunately due to the threat of rain and thunderstorms, the Wheels on the Greenway for May 6th has been canceled. Safety is top priority and we do not want anyone to be on bikes if thunderstorms should pop up. We will not be rescheduling the event, but hope to plan a small gathering at Warnersville Rec Center this summer. Stay tuned for more info.
10 REASONS TO JOIN US FOR THE WHEELS ON THE GREENWAY ON MAY 6!
1. Ride the Downtown Greenway: Bike, trike, skate or roll to the Gateway of the Open Book Cornerstone and Warnersville Recreation Center. Downtown Police Bike Patrol members will lead the bike ride on the Downtown Greenway.
2. Kids Zone Bike Rodeo: Crumley Roberts will provide free helmets to all children and helmet fittings, t-shirts and safety course
3. Bike Fix-It Station & Bike Demos: Several local bike shops including Cycles de Oro, Performance Bikes, Gallactic Bikes, Recycles, Bikesboro, & eBike Central will provide bike tune-ups and/or bike demos
4. LimeBike: adults can rent a LimeBike to ride the Greenway and demo their new ebikes and escooters.
5. Bling Your Bike: Decorate your wheels
6.Give Back: Bring your gently used bikes to the event to donate to kids at the Warnersville Recreation Center; haven’t outgrown your bike yet? Consider donating a bike lock.
7. Kids Treat: Morehead Foundry will provide a cookie decorating station for all kids. All restaurants & bakery will be open to stop in and get bite to eat.
8. Entertainment: Music provided by local DJ/K2 Productions
9. Other tents along Downtown Greenway: LimeBike, Bikesboro, eBike Central, Safe Guilford, Bike MS/Walk MS, Girl Scouts Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont, and City of Greensboro Parks & Recreation Plan2Play & the Greensboro Public Library.
10. TO GET OUTDOORS AND HAVE FUN!!
Interested in volunteering on the day of the event?
Please contact Laura Lorenz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336.387.8355
For more information about the event, go to: